Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'cotton candy black tea'

Tea Information:
Tea: cotton candy black tea
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: This week’s tea of the week is a real gem. I am enjoying a big icy stein of it as I write this. I’m sure it’s good hot too, but as an iced tea, it’s amazing. A friend of the family is over visiting and he insists it’s “like a carnival in your mouth.”
I’m having a hard time trying to come up with words to describe the aroma and flavor, except that it tastes like cotton candy–which is basically spun sugar that has been a bit caramelized in the process.
This week, we are also testing a new black tea base which is a blend of Chinese, Assam, and Darjeeling black teas. I’m quite enjoying the depth of the blend even with the very strong and captivating cotton candy flavor dancing on my tastebuds, there is still a rich and complex black tea base that is definitely present.
This is a tea you’re not going to want to miss out on, particularly if you want an awesome iced tea that’s sure to garner appreciative remarks from whomever you serve it to.

Ingredients: Black teas, cornflowers, safflowers, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 tsp
Water: 12oz boiling
Tool: kati loose tea system 12oz
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, berry, black tea
Steeped Tea Smell: black tea
Flavor:black tea, slightly berry sweet
Body: Full
Aftertaste: black tea
Liquor: dark brown

not sure what I was expecting, much better with sugar but still just a sweet berry black...

Post-Steep Additives: rock sugar

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing






I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: