Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Green Apple Watermelon Green Tea'

Tea Information:
Tea: Green Apple Watermelon Green Tea
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the Week for the week of January 27, 2014
So, maybe I’m weird, but I like to eat the green apple and watermelon Jolly Ranchers together. I love the mixture of sweet and tart. So it seemed like a good idea to make a tea with buttery chinese sencha, some sweet young hyson, freeze-dried granny smith apple bits and some organic green apple and watermelon flavor. The green apple was pretty potent, so in the final blend, I added a bit of organic cantaloupe flavor to give it a bit more sweetness and melon-ness. Is that a word? It is now. (I wrote it on the Internet, so it has to be a word, right?)
I hope you enjoy this tea as much as I do. I’m looking forward to reading your reviews and tasting notes. =)

Ingredients: Premium green tea, freeze-dried granny smith apples, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 6 tsp
Water: 1000ml at 175°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: vegetal, reminds me of a sencha, hint of watermelon in the finish
Steeped Tea Smell: vegetal, hints of sweet
Flavor: vegetal, sweet fruity, finish of a little tart but buttery mouthfeel
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: sweet, grassy
Liquor: Translucent light yellow green

Post-Steep Additives:
sugar slightly more apple in the flavor and sweeter (faux) watermelon in the finish

good, drinkable, not bad but not great

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: