Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Cantaloupe Watermelon'

Tea Information:
Tea: Cantaloupe Watermelon
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Cantaloupe is one of my all-time favorite fruits and so is watermelon, so when I had the chance, I just couldn’t resist creating this blend of premium white teas, dried cantaloupe, and organic cantaloupe and watermelon flavors. This is a serious glass of refreshment as an iced tea and I’m sure it’s awesome as a hot tea too. I’m already getting a little anxious for spring. I’ve got this week’s tea and next week’s tea already blended up, and they are both on the fruity end of the spectrum. But that’s all I can tell you for now.
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of January 20, 2014

Ingredients: Premium white tea, dried cantaloupe, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 6tsp
Water: 1000ml at 175°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: CANTALOUPE, sweet, yummy
Steeped Tea Smell: cantalaoupe, fruit salad, sweet, lightly floral & vegetal finish
Flavor: vegetal, fruity finish
Body: Light
Aftertaste: catalaoupe and fuzzy mouthfeel
Liquor: translucent light orange brown

Resteep:
500ml at 175°F for 3 minutes 30 seconds
very dark orange brown
a little bitter, but a nice white with hints of fruit still

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.



No comments: