Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Peanut Butter Chai'

Tea Information:
Tea: Peanut Butter Chai
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: In honor of National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day:
Our amazing masala chai blended with peanut butter chips and natural flavors.

Ingredients: Tea, ginger, cinnamon, peanut butter chips, cardamom, pink peppercorns, clove, natural flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 tsp
Additives: none
Water: 1 cast iron teapot, filtered, boiling
Tools: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Steep Time: a little over 4 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: graham crackers, ginger snaps, peanut butter, girl scout cookies
Steeped Tea Smell: cinnamon and clove
Flavor:
AmazonV: smooth spiced chai tea, a small hint of peanut butter
MilitiaJim: hot but flavored like cold sesame noodles
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: sweet spicy ginger
Liquor: cloudy reddish-brown

Not enough peanut butter flavor for me, I love peanut butter and I love chai. I believe this is a good chai, but that isn't was I was expecting so I will need to try this again expecting a chai and not peanut butter and see if I enjoy it then.

Also perhaps a shorter steep time, and steeping one cup at a time might help with the peanut butter flavoring.

I need to give this one another try as it has promise.

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar
really the same, I should have perhaps also done a bit of milk

Rating: 2/3




No comments: