Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Jade Teapot Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Starry Night'

Tea Information:
Tea: Starry Night
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: The Jade Teapot
Purchase: Here
Description: Organic Assam black tea combined with natural soothing vanilla and star-shaped white tea.

Steep with water temperature of 206f degrees with a steep time of 5 minutes.

Ingredients: Organic Black Tea, White Tea, Natural Flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 tsp
Water: 1 zarafina cup
Tool: Zarafina black-loose-medium
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chocolate, nut, tea, something else I can't identify
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet black tea
Flavor: astringent, nutty, black tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent, a touch bitter
Liquor: translucent dark reddish-brown

There was not high star frequency in the tin. I think 1/3 of my cups may get one? So the picture is a bit misleading.

The taste however is smooth and very pleasant. I very much enjoyed this tea.

I did not pick up the vanilla, I think my taste buds need a reset / recalibration :( I have been missing it while MilitiaJim has been spotting it lately.

I prepared this while running around getting ready for work. I have been trying to wake up early enough to review one tea each day before work, but I am not a morning person. Thank goodness for the zarafina, it takes care of the tea while I work on packing lunch and everything else.

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar
Sweet tea, hint of nuts and coco

I took a few sips and then went back to getting ready for work.

Resteep: Zarafina black-loose-medium
I started this immediately after pouring the first steep off. The second steep was the same as the first steep, after assessing this I then mixed the two together into my travel mug and then ran to the train.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: