Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

TeaGschwendner Loose Leaf Rooibos Tea 'Rooibush Strawberry Pepper'

Tea Information:
Tea: Rooibush Strawberry Pepper
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: TeaGschwendner
Purchase: Here
Description: A contrast of sweet and spice sure to surprise and delight. Excellent hot or iced.
Ingredients: Rooibush tea, Peppercorns, Strawberry pieces, Strawberry leaves, Flavor

Steep Information:
Amount: 6tsp
Additives: none
Water: 1 cast iron teapot full of filtered boiling water
Tool: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Berry, Woody
Steeped Tea Smell: Berry, woody, hint of pepper
Flavor: sweet strawberry, woody
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: pepper
Liquor: deep dark reddish-brown

Swap from Meghann M

This was a very interesting tea, a nice smooth fresh strawberry (not sweet like a pie or candy), with a hint of rooibos, then an aftertaste of light pepper.

I am enjoying my cup, I don't think I'll buy it again, but I am very much enjoying this.

The kept saying Rooibush, I am assuming this is the same as Rooibos.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: 5 min, very weak, a few more minutes and it was peppery rooibos the strawberry seems to be subdued

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing




No comments: