Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tea Forté Teabag Herbal Tea 'chamomile citron'

Tea Information:
Tea: chamomile citron
Type: Herbal Tea
Packaging: Teabag
Company: Tea Forté
Purchase: Here
Description: A calming Egyptian chamomile blended with a melody of fruits and herbs. Chamomile flowers, rose hips impart an enticing balance of tart and sweet. Aromatic Thai Lemongrass adds depth to this soothing, citrusy infusion.
Ingredients: organic chamomile flowers, organic hibiscus, organic rosehips, organic peppermint leaves, organic lemongrass, organic lemon verbena, organic licorice root

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Water: 6 ounces filtered, boiling
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: chamomile, perhaps a hint of mint if i kept sniffing at it
Steeped Tea Smell: chamomile, perhaps a hint of mint and lemon if i kept sniffing at it
Flavor: chamomile, lemon, mint
Body: Full
Aftertaste: mint and licorice
Liquor: varies! Bobbie's cup as honey golden yellow-brown and mine was rose!

April 13 I started on a quest to find out what happened to the Chamomile Tisane for my brother-in-law, as he found he liked it while staying at a Hilton.

I found Chamomile Tisane is included in their boxed sets, and can be found online in little boxes, but you can't get large amounts.

I said I would order some of the Chamomile Citron for him to compare against and see if it was close enough or the same, and I would drink most of the tea (hey any excuse to get tea right?).

April 14 I ordered and emailed support, they got back to me very promptly.

"Thank you for contacting Tea Forte. The Citron is a newer blend from the Tisane. It has the same chamomile but has a bolder taste, with a slight citrus flavor. I hope that it will not disappoint."

Googling around it appears the Chamomile Tisane was "Tea Forte’s calming chamomile tisane with a delicate fruit finale. Chamomile flowers, orange peel and vanilla steep a gentle brew for relaxation after a long day."

So the orange and vanilla were swapped for lemon and mint.

I believe he found the tea acceptable but not as good as the original blend. Sadness, as this was the first tea he really enjoyed. I do think that orange vanilla sounds luscious.

Usually I do not include both cups when i prepare multiple cups of tea, but in this case both turned out totally different colors! Quite odd.

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: