Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teavana Loose Leaf Rooibos Tea 'Zingiber Ginger Coconut'

Tea Information:
Tea: Zingiber Ginger Coconut
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Teavana
Purchase: Click the image below:

Description: The exotic blend of ginger, coconut and spicy black pepper complement our robust red rooibos in this caffeine free Ayurvedic blend. It provides a delicious departure from the ordinary.
Ingredients: Red Rooibos, coconut chips, ginger bits, cinnamon, apples, cardamom, black pepper and almonds. Contains nuts.

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 or 5 heaping tsp
Water: 750 ml filtered water brought to 212°
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, spice, nutty
Steeped Tea Smell: spice, nut
Flavor: apple, wood, almond, cinnamon
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet, then a bit of spice
Liquor: translucent orange-red

Gift from SoccerMom, a while ago, and I am just getting to it! (One would find it hard to believe but I am behind on tea drinking!)

Disappointed I wasn't getting more coconut or ginger flavor as I enjoy both flavors. I am pleased it is reminiscent of amaretto (I adore Disaronno) - which is why it ended up on my shopping list to try in the first place.

I think it would need to be steeped longer to get more of a kick from it.

Overall a very enjoyable and only slightly rooibossy tea, but not one I think I will keep in stock, but I might pick up occasionally.

Rating: 3/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing




No comments: