Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Banana Matcha'

Tea Information:
Tea: Banana Matcha
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Premium matcha blended with freeze-dried banana powder and natural flavors. A delicious treat!

Steep Information:
Amount: 1/2 tsp heaping
Water: boiling, 6-8 ounces
Tool: aerolatte
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: banana laffy taffy
Steeped Tea Smell: grass
Flavor: grass, bitter
Body: Full
Aftertaste: banana laffy taffy
Liquor: cloudy olive green

I tried this a few times. I started with 180°F water, and progressed up to boiling. I used 6 ounces, and kept adding more water and re-stirring until the matcha was so weak I could not taste it (1 pint). I tried 1/8 tsp -1 tbs. I keep wanting to like matcha, but it is too grassy for me. It is sweet, it smells of banana. The after taste (and if you burp after) is banana.

Mind you this is a laffy taffy / runts strong sweet banana. It's the grassy flavor that makes this something I did not want again.

Sorry frank!

Rating: 1/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


No comments: