Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Republic of Tea Teabag Rooibos Tisane 'Banana Cuppa Chocolate'

Tea Information:
Tea: Banana Cuppa Chocolate
Type: Rooibos Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Teabag
Company: The Republic of Tea
Purchase: Here
Description: From chocolate banana cream pie to frozen bananas dipped in chocolate, this all-time favorite flavor duo will put a smile on anyone's face. This caffeine-free cup starts off with the creamy, slightly sweet, tropical essence of ripe banana finished with the rich flavor of chocolate and rooibos.
Ingredients: rooibos, cocoa, carob, sweet blackberry leaves, banana bits, chocolate flavoring, banana flavoring

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 teabags
Water: boiling 12 oz
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: fake banana, hint of chocolate
Steeped Tea Smell: rooibos, fake banana
Flavor: fake banana, rooibos
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: coco nibs
Liquor: dark red-brown

Yet another chocolate tea I am disappointed by, in addition their banana flavoring is subpar - 52teas was much better.

Post-Steep Additives: German rock sugar - helped a bit with bringing out the coco flavor

Rating: 2/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing








I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

2 comments:

Alex Zorach said...

I absolutely love the combination of banana and chocolate, but I think banana is one of those aromas that can go terribly wrong when it's added in a way that is even remotely unnatural. Banana flavoring, from my experience, nearly always smells artificial unless it comes from actual banana. Banana-bread, banana chocolate chip muffins? Yes, yes. But I'd be skeptical of any banana teas, especially ones that include flavorings (and I can't imagine dried banana chips could be strong enough to impart much of a more natural flavor to a blend).

You said you liked 52teas' tea better...how did they do it, I wonder?

AmazonV said...

Alex, he went for 100% fake - banana runts, which worked well

i think natural attempts fail