Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Apple - Vanilla White Tea Chai'

Tea Information:
Tea: Apple - Vanilla White Tea Chai
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: This one is for Cofftea. Though we haven’t always seen eye-to-eye on everything; she likes our tea, so she can’t be all bad.
She also suggested we create a chai from white teas, and add apple and vanilla notes. So, we blended some of our finest shou mei and bai mu dan white teas, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pink peppercorns, freeze-dried apple pieces and natural apple and vanilla flavors. Sounded like quite a lot going on to me, but having just sampled the results, I have to say it’s delicious. (Don’t go letting that go to your head, Cofftea!) I would personally recommend it as a naked tea, since milk and sugar are usually added to bring out the spice flavors in a chai, and with this white tea base, they are pretty front and center anyway.

Ingredients: White teas, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, freeze-dried apple pieces, pink peppercorns, natural flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 10 tsp
Water: 1200ml at 185°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: spice (cardamom, pepper), vanilla
Steeped Tea Smell:apple, peppery, vanilla
Flavor: sweet, cinnamon, peppery
Body: Light
Aftertaste: spice (pepper, cinnamon)
Liquor: Translucent golden yellow

Too bad I don't have a stovetop at work, I bet this would be nice made that way.
Nice this way as well though.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing

I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.


No comments: