Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Radiance Tea House and Books Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Masala Chai'

Tea Information:
Tea: Masala Chai
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Radiance Tea House and Books
Purchase: In Store, 158 West 55th Street, NY, NY
Description: Our own blend of cardamon, cloves, ginger, fennel seeds, cinnamon and black tea makes this Chai highly aromatic with a gentle spiciness. Great to drink alone, or with milk and sugar.

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 2c at 212°F
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Cinnamon and Ginger
Steeped Tea Smell: bakey and a little cinnamon
Flavor: mostly ginger, and a bakey tea
Body: Medium
Body: Full
Aftertaste: astringent, and ginger
Liquor: translucent dark brown

I made some plain, and some I then kept on the stove and triple boiled (brought to a boil, then removed from the heat three times) with almond milk and one spoon of honey

The milk and honey version was closer to what I expect from a chai taste, but with no pepper.

Nothing remarkable.

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.















No comments: