Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Napalm Ferret'

Tea Information:
Tea: Napalm Ferret
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 19, 2013

I apologize if this disappoints anyone, but this week’s tea tastes like neither napalm nor ferrets. And no animals were harmed in the manufacture of the tea.

Instead, what we have here is a tea blend from the warped imagination of one of our former tea bar customers. I’m honestly not sure exactly what it means or why it was so important to him, but then, that’s kind of the way a lot of the conversations at Zoomdweebie’s went for me–a bit over my head: like, outer space over my head. But that’s okay.

After explaining to me that he really wanted me to make a Napalm Ferret tea, Joe and I sat down to determine what exactly would constitute a Napalm Ferret tea. He decided right away that it needed to be a gunpowder base, with bananas because ferrets like bananas, I guess. It also needed cinnamon chips and just a touch of cayenne pepper. And that is how Napalm Ferret tea was born.

If you would like to support our effort to reopen Zoomdweebie’s Tea Bar, so that creative minds like Joseph’s can continue to thrive in a groovy environment like our tea bar, PLEASE visit our crowd-funding campaign page via the link above. Alternatively, if you think folks like Joseph should not be left freely wandering the streets, PLEASE support our crowd-funding effort so we can corral him with the rest of the freaks and geeks that make up Zoomdweebie’s. We promise, they’ll likely spend a lot of time at the tea bar and less time wandering the streets thinking about napalm ferrets and quoting Charlie the Unicorn.

For what it’s worth, this is actually a very unique and delicious tea blend.

Ingredients: Gunpowder green tea, freeze-dried bananas, cinnamon chips, cayenne pepper and organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 5 tsp
Water: 750ml at 175°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: banana runts and cinnamon
Steeped Tea Smell: very feint bakey, cinnamon
Flavor: watery, cinnamon
Body: Light
Aftertaste: burning - pepper
Liquor: translucent light golden brown

o.0

The tea needs a little more upfront to make the aftertaste less surprising

Post-Steep Additives:
natural sugar
not much change, it is now watery sugar with cinnamon

It reminds me of a weaker harney and sons cinnamon green with a kick

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.


No comments: