Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

52Teas Loose Leaf Honeybush Tisane 'BetTEA’s blend'

Tea Information:
Tea: BetTEA’s blend
Type: Honeybush Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the Week for the Week of August 5, 2013
Well folks, I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest lately, working on piecing together all the various bits of our upcoming crowd-funding campaign to bring back Zoomdweebie’s Tea Bar. I confess, I am a little behind on orders, but will be caught up soon.

My friend Betty here was kind enough to help me out with creating this week’s tea of the week, because I think my brain went on strike.

Well, she said she wanted something fruity, something light and refreshing and something calming. Bit of a tall order, but I think y’all will agree that we hammered out the perfect answer.

BetTEA’s Blend is a honeybush base with mostly organic pear flavors, with just a hint of vanilla, an even smaller hint of chamomile and some blue cornflowers to make it pretty. I have a feeling this one is going to go fast.

Ingredients: Honeybush, cornflowers, chamomile, vanilla bean, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: ~500ml at 212°F
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes http://www.teaity.com/
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: sweet, woody, pear, hints floral
Steeped Tea Smell: floral, sweet
Flavor: slightly fruity, sweet, hint woody
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: chamomile
Liquor: translucent dark orange brown

nice and mellow

Post-Steep Additives:
raw sugar
more pear and vanilla flavor

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: