Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tagged

I have been tagged by The Devotea to rant on about myself


Thanks to a post started by Lu Ann, author of The Cup Of Life, I’ve been tagged by Robert (@The_Devotea) to answer a stack of impertinent questions and then link some other poor soul to do the same.

1) First, let’s start with how you were introduced & fell in love with the wonderful beverage of tea.

My mother always has to have a cup of earl grey before she is awake and you can talk to her. I first went to try and find other earl greys, none were ever acceptable, then i moved on to trying all of the amazingly named varieties I could get my hands on at restaurants and grocery stores and online (The Republic of tea being a big one).

2) What was the very first tea blend that you ever tried?

Probably a twinings earl grey, but I have no idea really I've been drinking tea for longer than I can remember.

3) When did you start your tea blog & what was your hope for creating it?

Four years ago, approximately, I was in my OCD way trying to track all the teas I tried to avoid re-trying them and maximize my effort to try every one i could. I figured online was easy to access from anywhere and searchable.

4) List one thing most rewarding about your blog & one thing most discouraging.

Suddenly I started getting free tea!

I am 300 posts in the draft folder, so far behind.

5) What type of tea are you most likely to be caught sipping on?

There is no rhyme or reason, I get samples from suppliers, from tea companies, and i just drink what arrives...
I do admit to having fun with the Lochan teas that we now carry at The Devotea AU and US stores, i love an excuse to have some lovely rolling thunder oolong around

6) Favorite tea latte to indulge in?

CHAI - have you had my Star Spangled Chai?

7) Favorite treat to pair with your tea?

Friends and good conversation

8) If there was one place in the World that you could explore the tea culture at, where would it be & why?

I am going to have to steal Roberts answer: Portland, Oregan. I want to see The Lazy Literatus in his natural habitat. My reason: The Lazy Literatus hangs out at Steven Smith teamaker - I must get there, I adore their teas.

9) Any tea time rituals you have that you’d like to share?

Take photo of packet
open packet
smell
open notebook, start taking notes
measure tea
take photo
pick a brew temperature and time
take photo
sniff
make notes
sip
make notes
sip
make notes
relax and get on with having the tea

10) Time of day you enjoy drinking tea the most: Morning, Noon, Night or Anytime?

The time that my cup was empty and no longer is!

11) What’s one thing you wish for tea in the future?

To have a tea shop of my own where I convert people to be bi beverage and educated about the lovely flowering tree that is camellia sinensis

– Who do you tag?

I TAG:
I do hate to bully people into such things, who wants to share their tale?

No comments: