Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf White Tea 'Sugar Plum Shou Mei'

Tea Information:
Tea: Sugar Plum Shou Mei
Type: White Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our Tea of the Week for the Week of December 23, 2013
So, speaking of goodies, this year’s Christmas week blend is inspired by goodies the vision of which supposedly danced in sleeping children’s heads before they had My Little Ponies to dream about. So here’s my attempt at a sugar plum shou mei complete with some lavender flowers. I sure hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients: White tea, lavender flowers, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 6 tsp
Water: 1000ml at 185°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL

Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: floral, lavendar, sweet, fruity
Steeped Tea Smell: floral, sweet
Flavor: floral, lavendar, slightly soapy, sweet, hint vegetal
Body: Light
Aftertaste: soapy
Liquor: translucent light yellow green

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.



No comments: