Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Peppermint Bark'

Tea Information:
Tea: Peppermint Bark
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Wow. This week has been insane. I’m busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. And nothing seems to be going right. BUT I’m finally here to announce the new Tea of the Week, along with some re-blends and some new Southern Boy Teas iced teas!
First off, this week’s tea: my wife has been hounding me to make a peppermint bark tea. She makes peppermint bark every year at Christmastime and it’s all gone now and we’re back on the diet bandwagon, so I agree, it’s time for a peppermint bark tea. This is a blend of our premium black teas, fresh cut peppermint and organic flavors. I realize that almond bark is not really white chocolate, but I used some organic white chocolate flavoring (along with a bit of marshmallow to sweeten it up) to approximate the flavor, and wow is it delicious! I went easy on the peppermint–there’s nothing worse than a tea that tastes like mouthwash–and I think I struck a pretty awesome balance. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of January 6, 2014

Ingredients: Premium black teas, peppermint, organic flavors.

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 1000ml at 205°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: peppermint!
Steeped Tea Smell: toasty, perhaps a hint of mint
Flavor: smooth, minty, toasty finish
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: astringent, slightly toasty
Liquor: translucent red brown

Also the 3rd day of the 2014 12 Teas of Christmas

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

early 2014


late 2014

No comments: