Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tazo Teabag Green Tea 'China Green Tips'

Tea: China Green Tips
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Teabag / Filterbag
Company: Tazo
Amount: 2 teabags
Additives: none
Water: 20 ounces from hot water spigot
Steep Time: a little over 10 minutes? time walking back from Starbucks
Served: Hot
Purchase: Starbucks or Here
Description: A traditional green tea with a delicate fresh taste and light green color.

Spring-harvested green teas from China.

A classic Chinese green tea with a delicate bouquet and fresh taste, China Green Tips contains a blend of Mao Feng green teas that are cultivated in Zhejiang province and plucked in the spring as they have been for thousands of years. After harvesting, the tea is steamed to halt the fermentation process before it can darken the leaves and alter the taste.

Ingredients: not provided

Notes: It got over-brewed by time and temperature, unfortunately not much in my control. The tea flowed over my tongue and seemed to have a silky smooth affect and coating my tongue yet at the same time the flavor itself was unremarkable. I think with a honey I would have enjoyed it more, or maybe sugar. I also admit do not yet love a green tea, I drink them in hopes of finding one I love.

Smell: vegetal
Flavor: smooth, silky
Body: medium
Aftertaste: bitter
Liquor: honey colored, golden yellow-brown

Resteep: I tried for about 5? or more minutes with hot spigot water to resteep the bags (2 bags, 16 ounces) and it came out with little smell, medium body, same smooth flavor but much lighter flavor less silky, and still a bitter after-taste. I will conclude this does not resteep well.

Rating: 1.5/3


2 comments:

TeaCast said...

Excellent description of the flavor and experience you got from the tea! Absolute poetry in motion :)

AmazonV said...

Thank you so much!