Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Teas Etc Loose Leaf Rooibos Tea 'Coconut Custard'

Tea Information:
Tea: Coconut Custard
Type: Rooibos Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: Teas Etc
Purchase: Here
Description: Think palm trees and island breezes.
The rich coconut flavor mingling with the lovely taste of red rooibos is tropical and tasty.

Creamy sweet flavor and a lovely caramel finish completes the experience. Naturally caffeine free, this addictive and delicious no-calorie treat is not to be missed.

Ingredients: Rooibos, shredded coconut and flavor

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 heap tsp
Additives: none
Water: 22oz filtered, boiling
Tool: Cast Iron Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: Coconut, Nut, Sweet
Steeped Tea Smell: Nutty, Coconut, Sweet
Flavor: rooibos
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: coconut, and then COCONUT CUSTARD
Liquor: Deep dark orange red brown

Thanks to SoccerMom for turning me on to this tea.

First, you smell the tea as it comes up to your nose and you smell coconut custard.

MilitiaJim is flummoxed how something can smell like a texture, but it does.

Then you sip, at first I was sad, it was rooibos. Don't get me wrong I love rooibos but I wanted coconut custard.

As I swallow the sip I start to taste coconut shell, then coconut.

Then I swallow and there is the coconut pie! Delicious.

Strange the flavor is all in the swallow.

Post-Steep Additives: pinch of German rock sugar
sweeter, yum!

Resteep: 7 min, weak, 10+ min, weak but drinkable

Rating: 4/4 leaves


Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing





No comments: