Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf Black Tea 'Mango Pineapple Darjeeling'

Tea Information:
Tea: Mango Pineapple Darjeeling
Type: Black Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: This week’s Tea of the Week is brought to you by Linda R. who emailed me and requested: “Frank, I’d love it if you could do something with mango and pineapple for the summer – maybe with a honeybush or a green rooibos, or even a green tea. Thanks!”

I did take the liberty of switching up the base a bit. I had this creative itch. I kept thinking, I wonder what those tropical flavors would taste like paired with a nice muscatel Darjeeling… So I decided I should find out. The answer, I believe, is: Delicious!

I started with a nice blend of first flush FTGFOP* Darjeelings, added some freeze-dried mango and pineapple and organic mango and pineapple flavors and… yummmmm! But you’ll just have to try it for yourself. Don’t miss out. This, like all of our weekly teas, is a limited edition blend.

*FTGFOP stands for Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, or “Far Too Good For Ordinary People” as the industry joke goes. It just indicates this is a longer leaf style.
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of April 28, 2014

Ingredients: Darjeeling tea, freeze-dried mango, freeze-dried pineapple, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 1000ml at 200°F
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL
Steep Time: 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: strong chemical, alcohol, a little fruity
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet, tropical, fruity, pineapple,
Flavor: bitter, dry leaves, chemical
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: slight vegetal and very bakey
Liquor: translucent dark orange brown

Post-Steep Additives:
sugar
slightly more fruity and less dry fall leaves

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.


No comments: