Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf Honeybush Tisane 'Walter Bishop Honeybush'

Tea Information:
Tea: Walter Bishop Honeybush
Type: Honeybush Tisane (Tea is technically only from the camellia sinensis plant)
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: I guess it’s a little ironic, with all of this stress that this week’s blend is an homage to the most stress-free character I’ve ever seen. If you are not familiar with strawberry-milkshake-drinking, red-licorice-chewing Walter Bishop, you have been missing out on a great science fiction show. Personally, I think Fringe jumped the shark shortly after it started. I thought they had a great opportunity to have a new show like the X-Files, but in my opinion, they squandered it by focusing entirely on one very convoluted story arc. Having said that, we have several customers who are fans, and our friend LiberTEAs actually approached me about a Fringe-themed blend some time back. So here we have it. Caffeine-free (because I really don’t think Walter Bishop needs caffeine) honeybush blended with real freeze-dried strawberries and organic flavors. This is a delicious treat. I can totally imagine Walter sipping and enjoying it, with or without mind-altering substances added to it.
Ingredients: Honeybush, freeze-dried strawberries, organic flavors

Steep Information:
Amount: 4 tsp
Water: 212°F
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes https://www.teaity.com/
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: strawberry cream
Steeped Tea Smell: woody
Flavor: berry, woody
Body: Full
Aftertaste: woody
Liquor: translucent dark orange red

a flavored rooibos, hits the spot if that is what you are looking for.

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Leaf system:
1=Bleh! not again if it were free
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing


I purchased this product. All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: