Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

52Teas Loose Leaf Green Tea 'Rumchata Genmaicha'

What is Rumchata
I don't know but after this
I don't want to know
#TeakuTuesday  

Tea Information:  
Tea: Rumchata Genmaicha
Type: Green Tea
Packaging: Loose Leaf
Company: 52Teas
Purchase: Here
Description: Our friend LiberTEAs was a big fan of our Rumchata honeybush, but suggested that a Rumchata genmaicha would be even better. It was one of those head-smacking moments for me when I tried to imagine the toasted rice in the genmaicha with the horchata and rum flavors. Of course it would be awesome. So here it is. Thanks to LiberTEAs for the suggestion. Incidentally, as I write this, it looks like we have four pouches of the honeybush Rumchata still available. If you haven’t tried that yet, you are missing out. 
Our Tea of the Week for the Week of April 7, 2014
Ingredients: Genmaicha (green tea, toasted rice, popped sorghum seed), almonds, cinnamon, organic flavors

Steep Information:  
Amount: 6 tsp  
Water: 1000ml at 175°F  
Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL  
Steep Time: 2 minutes  
Served: Hot  

Tasting Notes:  
Dry Leaf Smell: rum, slightly vegetal  
Steeped Tea Smell: vegetal, grassy  
Flavor: grassy, burnt, rice  
Body: Light  
Aftertaste: grassy, astringent, burnt  
Liquor: cloudy light yellow green

bleh  

Post-Steep Additives: sugar still too roasted grass for me  

Rating: 1/4 leaves  
Leaf system: 
1=Bleh! not again if it were free 
2=Acceptable, if it were free or there were limited other tea options 
3=I might purchase this tea from time to time, or select it while out 
4=A staple in our cupboard from now on, I will purchase and keep purchasing I purchased this product. 

All my reviews are as unbiased as possible, whether I buy or receive free product. I accept no other compensation other than free product.

No comments: